Central Piedmont Community College

[NCCORD] Hurricane update

Jeanne M Kennedy jmkennedy48 at lenoircc.edu
Thu Oct 13 12:54:44 EDT 2016
Lenoir County is bracing for additional flood water. The Neuse River is expected to crest some where between 29 and 30 feet on Saturday. Hurricane Floyd flood waters reached 27 feet. Highway 70 is closed as well as Highway 11 South, Highway 58 South, and Highway 55. Several roads have huge sinkholes. Lenoir Community College is a Red Cross shelter. Several of our employees have been evacuated from their homes and one has lost his home and vehicle. I can only image how the water is impacting our students. It is devastating. Please keep our residents in your prayers. My prayers are with Robeson County too!