Central Piedmont Community College

[NCCORD] Fwd: NSF ATE Day in Charleston: Free Event Sponsored by CUCWD

Matthew Meyer meyerm at nccommunitycolleges.edu
Tue Apr 22 16:44:13 EDT 2014
May be of interest.

Matthew Meyer, Ph.D
Associate Vice President
STEM Innovations
NC Community College System

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sharon Morrissey <morrisseys at nccommunitycolleges.edu<mailto:morrisseys at nccommunitycolleges.edu>>
Date: April 22, 2014 at 3:46:35 PM EDT
To: Matthew Meyer <meyerm at nccommunitycolleges.edu<mailto:meyerm at nccommunitycolleges.edu>>, Wesley Beddard <beddardw at nccommunitycolleges.edu<mailto:beddardw at nccommunitycolleges.edu>>, Frank Scuiletti <scuilettif at nccommunitycolleges.edu<mailto:scuilettif at nccommunitycolleges.edu>>

The Clemson University Center for Workforce Development  will be hosting a one day National Science Foundation (NSF) Advanced Technological Education (ATE) Day on May 13, 2014 from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM in Charleston (registration begins at 8:30 am). I have listed more information about the event below.
I am sending the information to you as the academic and grants points of contact for X Technical College. Please determine which two representatives you think would benefit from this information using the guidelines below. Your representatives should register through this link using the password NSFATEDAY: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/nsf-ate-day-tickets-11228074473. If I may answer any questions please let me know and thank you for your consideration of this unique event.
Rebecca S. Hartley  | Director of  Pathways
Clemson University Center for Workforce Development

P: 864.656.3994  | F: 864.656.0795
hartley at clemson.edu<mailto:hartley at clemson.edu> | clemson.edu/cucwd<http://clemson.edu/cucwd> | cucwd_newsletters<http://www.clemson.edu/centers-institutes/cucwd/resources/Newsletter_Archives.html>

NSF ATE Day MAY 13, 2014 Daniel Island Club, Charleston SC (FREE Event with lunch provided)
With an emphasis on two-year colleges, the National Science Foundation Advanced Technological Education (NSF ATE) program focuses on the education of technicians for the high-technology fields that drive our nation's economy. The program involves partnerships between academic institutions and employers to promote improvement in the education of science and engineering technicians at the undergraduate and secondary school levels.
Why Should I Attend?

*         Learn about connecting to a national network preparing students for today's high-tech jobs and emerging technologies - Introduction to the ATE Program

*         Grant writing workshop

*         Advice from experienced principle investigators and directors

The CA2VES NSF ATE Day is a one day event designed to introduce individuals who are new or returning (those who have not had an ATE project within the last 10 years) to the NSF ATE program.  Attendees will be introduced to the NSF ATE Program, resources available to colleges applying for ATE funds, proposal writing workshop, and advice from experienced principle investigators and directors. Speakers will include Dr. Celeste Carter, Lead Program Director for the NSF ATE Program; Dr. Anand Gramopadhye, Principle Investigator CA2VES; Elaine Craft, Principle Investigator of SC ATE Center of Excellence and Mentor Connect, and a panel of principle investigators and center directors from Regional ATE Centers.
Who Should Attend?

*         Grant writing representative

*         Someone new to ATE (or who has not been involved in the ATE program for at least 10 years)

*         Maximum of 2 representatives from each technical college

*We ask that individuals who have current or recent ATE Funding not register for this event but help us to expand the ATE network by recommending someone new at their institution

Register for this Event by May 2

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Act and shall be disclosed to third parties when required by Chapter 132 of the North Carolina General Statutes.