Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Advisory: Sign Up to Receive Critical Alerts

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CAF367.41B236E0]

Thank you if you have registered your phone number to receive Critical Alert Emergency notifications. CPCC Critical Alert is an emergency only text messaging and direct, automated phone call system that alerts CPCC students, faculty and staff of emergency situations or inclement weather that results in unscheduled campus closings.

On May 14, all registered phone numbers were cleared to ensure that we have accurate information for our current students, faculty and staff. To continue to receive emergency notifications, simply log into your CPCC Login<https://secure2.cpcc.edu/cpcclogin/> to re-register your emergency contact information. Your phone numbers can be updated at any time and your registration is good until May 2011.

If you are including phone numbers of family or friends, please make sure that you have their permission before doing so.  If you have included a phone number other than your personal phone number or have entered a number in error and we receive a request to have that number removed, we reserve the right to remove the information. Upon any change to your information, we will send notification to your CPCC e-mail account and you will be able to log in to re-enter the correct contact information. If you leave the College or would no longer like to receive emergency notifications, you can remove your contact information at any time by logging into your CPCC Login<https://secure2.cpcc.edu/cpcclogin/> account and removing your information.

Please remember, this system is only a part of the notification plan the College currently has in place. We encourage you to access all methods of communication provided by the College during a crisis situation. For emergency information visit CPCC Emergency Services<http://www.cpcc.edu/emergency-services>. Thank you.

*Sign up is free; however, participants should check with their cell phone provider regarding their individual plan and the costs involved for text messaging and calls. CPCC will only use this text messaging/phone notification in emergency situations