Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Upcoming Online Faculty Development Workshops

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Tue Jan 26 13:25:46 EST 2010
>From Scarlett Hollingsworth
For all faculty who are seeking additional Professional Development opportunities, please note the following upcoming webinars regarding teaching with technology.
Sharing Frugal Innovations and Harvesting Faculty Ideas for Teaching and Learning with Technology (Seven Principles)<http://tltgroup.roundtablelive.org/Default.aspx?pageId=338009&eventId=113879&EventViewMode=EventDetails>

Every faculty member knows at least some techniques and applications for good teaching and learning (with technology), ideas and resources that at least some colleagues would love to hear about.  However, at most institutions, those ideas aren't likely to come up in conversation; peers never hear about them. What options do institutions have for increasing flow of such teaching tips and resources among faculty?  Steve Ehrmann will demonstrate a survey-and-email approach to harvesting and sharing such ideas and summarize some other options. Then we'll ask for your ideas for encouraging the circulation of such ideas, both within institutions and from one institution to another. We'll conclude by listing incentives and disincentives for sharing of such ideas and resources.  How we can accentuate the positive?  reduce the disincentives?
*        Start : Friday, January 29, 2010    2 - 3 p.m.
*        Location :  Online meeting info in Registration Confirmation Email [also check your Junk folder] and via email 24 hours prior to event start
*        Spaces left : 70
Registration   :  Open to the public - Free<http://tltgroup.roundtablelive.org/Default.aspx?pageId=338009&wstepNo=2&wctxId=2aca0c08ff254f07bc94a50820b034b4&EventViewMode=3&eventId=113879> (please register on the TLT site<http://tltgroup.roundtablelive.org/Default.aspx?pageId=338009&eventId=113879&EventViewMode=EventDetails>) and receive PD credit by submitting an Outside Webinar Activity through LearnerWeb<pd.cpcc.edu>

Free Tips, Tricks, and Technology Tools for Teachers

Professional Development presents a FREE webinar hosted by D.I. von Briesen entitled Free Tips, Tricks, and Technology Tools for Teachers to be broadcast by Innovative Educators on Wednesday, February 3 from 3:30-5:00 pm.

In this engaging hands-on workshop, you'll examine just a few of the most useful, clever things to know when using computers in education. Discover basic keyboard shortcuts, useful little utilities, and jaw dropping resources!. You may have seen some of these, and you may not want others, but you're guaranteed to take away something of use. Tools to be discussed are Open Office, Google Docs, Google Apps, Google forms, Flickr, Elluminate vrooms, Wikipedia + Wikimedia resources, Skype, GIMP, My DropBox, Prezi, Wordle, and many more.

Faculty and staff have two options for participating.

1. Attend the webinar recording in HL 304 and register in LearnerWeb for PD credit.

2. Request the free webinar from Innovative Educators, and view the it from your office/personal computer and then receive PD credit by submitting an Outside Webinar Activity through LearnerWeb.