Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Advisory: Statement From CPCC

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Thu Jan 21 09:47:30 EST 2010
Wednesday night a CPCC student was the victim of an armed robbery in Student Deck 2 (at the corner of Charlottetowne Avenue and 4th Street). The suspect, described as a 5'6" black male wearing an orange and black  striped shirt and square glasses, took the student's personal property and vehicle (a black 2008 Kia Rio with N.C. plates YPE-5311). The student was not physically injured. The College is working closely with the authorities on this investigation.

The safety and security of our students and staff are top priorities at CPCC. As a result of this incident, we have requested that the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department increase its patrols of Central Campus and our own security staff will work to increase their visibility as well.

Please keep your safety in mind as you go to your vehicle on campus, particularly at night. Park in well-lit areas and walk with fellow students or co-workers whenever possible. CPCC's security department will escort any student or staff member to his/her vehicle. Just call 704.330.6632 for security's assistance. For more campus security and safety tips, visit  http://www.cpcc.edu/college-security.