Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] MLK Challenge

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Thu Jan 14 08:02:15 EST 2010
The MLK Challenge on January 18, 2010, is an annual Service-Learning Center event that celebrates the life and teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The day incorporates an educational kick-off, service projects, and a reflection wrap-up. The day begins with an introduction to King's life and lessons, students are then randomly assigned to groups and given a service project at a local organization to complete. Students must work together and utilize problem-solving skills in order to finish their task.
At the end of the day, we will reassemble to reflect on their accomplishments in a guided discussion. This helps students process all that happened during the day. This event is free and open to the CPCC community only. We will provide transportation, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Participants are asked to dress for anything.
Registration begins 8 a.m. the day of the event in the Student Commons area of the Overcash Building.
Details: MLK Challenge, January 18, 2010; 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
To sign up for this event or to learn more please contact Dena Shonts at dena.shonts at cpcc.edu<mailto:dena.shonts at cpcc.edu>  or 704.330.6558, or Cassie Moore at cassie.moore at cpcc.edu<mailto:cassie.moore at cpcc.edu>  or 704.330.6824.
Please click here to see a short promotional video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHOWyrcyji0>!