Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] A Message From the Center for Sustainability.

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Thu Apr 22 09:07:12 EDT 2010
Today, April 22, marks the 40th anniversary of Earth Day which started out as a bold gamble by a US Senator from Wisconsin; Gaylord Nelson in 1970. His gamble worked and won him the Presidential Medal of Freedom - the highest honor given to US civilians. Today, the many concepts surrounding Earth Day have become solid business practices; lowering energy costs, reducing waste, buying recycled materials, and encouraging conservation, to name a few. With the realization of dwindling global natural resources, it appears that every day is Earth Day.

The Center for Sustainability hopes that you will continue to learn more about the science, business, and technology of protecting our environment, which will allow our children and grandchildren to enjoy a clean and healthy future.
Our suggested link for the month is - The EarthDay Network<http://www.earthday.net/node/77>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CAE1FB.30ECB2E0]<http://www.cpcc.edu/cfs>
If you would like to show your support for the Center by displaying our FREE "eco-sticker" for car, bike, home or office, please send me an email with your CPCC mailing address or stop by our office in the first floor of the Levine IT Building on Central Campus. Ernie McLaney - ernie.mclaney at cpcc.edu<mailto:ernie.mclaney at cpcc.edu>