Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] 9th Annual Johnny Appleseed Kids and Family Festival

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Mon Sep 28 15:21:19 EDT 2009
>From Barry Gilmore

The Levine Campus Student Government Council and Student Life invite our CPCC family of students, faculty, staff, and administration and their families to our 9th Annual Johnny Appleseed Kids and Family Festival this Tuesday evening, September 29 (a few days after Johnny's 235th birthday), from 5-7 p.m. in the Levine Campus Atrium.

John Chapman, better known as Johnny Appleseed, was born September 26, 1774. He had a great love for all humanity and all living things, and spent much of his life distributing apple trees to the settlers of the American frontier. He loved to tell stories of his adventures to the children he met as he traveled. Johnny Appleseed believed that we must try to live simply and in harmony with the natural world.  Here's a link for more information. http://www.millville.org/Workshops_f/Dich_FOLKLORE/WACKED/story.html

Please join us at Levine Campus as we celebrate the birthday of one of America's great frontier heroes. The festivities begin with the fabulous Burford Brothers playing some foot-tapping, hand-clapping, down-home tunes on fiddle and banjo. We'll also have storytelling, coloring, games, and this year's fresh crop of apples picked just in time for Johnny's birthday. Everything is free for our CPCC apple-loving family and their families, including applelicious waffles for dinner and apple pie for dessert.

Note: Our Student Government Association is working with the Early Childhood Club in sponsoring a Peanut Butter Drive for Loaves and Fishes Emergency Food Pantry.  If you can, please bring jars of peanut butter or monetary contributions for this cause.

This event is particularly designed to be a chance for our students with younger sisters and brothers or students with children of their own to bring their families and their children's friends, and enjoy a student life activity together.

Please help us spread the word to the students!

Barry Gilmore and Levine Campus Student Government Association
Barry.Gilmore at cpcc.edu<mailto:Barry.Gilmore at cpcc.edu>
704.330.4252