Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Conserving Energy in the Office

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Wed Sep 9 08:06:29 EDT 2009
>From Ernie McLaney

The Center for Sustainability invites you to register in LearnerWeb
<https://pd.cpcc.edu/cpcc/>  for a special employee seminar, "Conserving
Energy in the Office", Thursday, September 17 at 2 p.m. in Giles 107 on
Central Campus.

We had numerous calls from faculty and staff who could not attend the
first class, so we've arranged for an expanded special addition in a
larger classroom setting.

This 90 minute workshop will provide updated information about CPCC's
newest degree program "Sustainability Technologies", our environmental
efforts, as well as some new and timely news from our guest speakers.

Seating has been expanded due to the popularity of our first class. So,
if you missed the August session, put this one on your calendar, sign up
in LearnerWeb <https://pd.cpcc.edu/cpcc/>  and become part of the energy
solution!

Our special guests will include:

*         Chad Campbell from CPCC ITS who will speak on office
electronics and how they affect our energy use. Get the facts from ITS!

*         Jennifer Ennis from Procurement will speak on conserving our
use of office supplies and how your choices affect our bottom line.
Along with Jennifer, we are bringing in Candy Lawson and Jeanine Deutsch
from FSI (Forms & Supply, Inc) who will offer inside information
regarding recycled products and best buys available now.

*         Kelly Duke, Business Relations with Duke Energy,  will give us
an update on his company's new focus on renewable energy, energy
efficiency and the latest consumer information available on their
website.

As an added interest item, we will hear from Kim Taylor; Senior
Marketing Representative with CATS to speak to us on Mass Transit and
CPCC's opportunities there. There will be giveaways and prizes to many
class attendants!