Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] ADVISORY: Computer classroom setup requests before 12/1

>From ITS

Dear Division Directors and Program Chairs,

In advance of every semester we request input concerning any changes in
the computer classroom technology setup that may be required to support
teaching and learning. This process allows us adequate time to
understand the technological impact, ensure the availability of
sufficient resources, and coordinate the acquisition, testing and
implementation of needed software, hardware and services prior to the
start of semester.

This is a reminder to submit your computer classroom setup requests
<https://secure2.cpcc.edu/classroom>  to Information Technology Services
by the following deadline:

Spring Semester 2009:  December 1, 2008

Requests received after these dates will need to be authorized by your
dean and will be addressed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Examples of the types of things you need to communicate to us are:

*         department purchase of new software,

*         adopting new course materials which require a particular
plug-in or other software installation,

*         need for a non-Windows XP operating system,

*         need for additional network storage,

*         new hardware which needs to be installed, etc.

To request a change, simply fill out the Setup Classroom Configuration
web form found at https://secure2.cpcc.edu/classroom

Please include any software (e.g. applications, compilers, plug-ins,
freeware, CDs from texts), hardware (e.g. swappable drives, routers,
peripherals) or other need (e.g. additional file storage, specific
server configuration) required to operate the class for the semester.

If you would like to review the list of the standard software that is
included in each computer classroom, open computer lab or smart
classroom, please visit
http://www.cpcc.edu/its/faculty-staff/technology-enhanced-facilities/ins
tructional-images

Important: Windows XP remains the current operating system for all
Microsoft computer platforms at the college. Microsoft Office 2007
products will be the only version of Microsoft Office included on every
College-owned computer. In an effort to mitigate confusion and software
conflicts, Microsoft Office 2003 products will be provided only if
specifically asked for through this process.

Please recognize that our ability to meet identified needs is contingent
upon the availability of resources (funds, personnel, and time). If
needed after reviewing your request, we will initiate a dialogue with
your department to establish accurate expectations.

If we do not receive any requests to change your classroom setups, we'll
assume that the current configurations meet your needs, and your
classrooms will remain as they are with the exception of Microsoft
Office as noted above.

Thank you.

If you have any questions, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at
704.330.5000 or through email at helpdesk at cpcc.edu
<mailto:helpdesk at cpcc.edu>

Web:  www.cpcc.edu/itservices <http://www.cpcc.edu/itservices>

Hours of Operation:

Monday - Thursday       7:30 am - 9:30 pm

Friday                    7:30 am - 5:00 pm

Saturday                  8:00 am - 12:00 Noon