Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] CPCC Press events at ArtsFest 3/26-27

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Tue Mar 25 08:19:23 EDT 2008
>From Susan Alford

Come support your very own publishing house by attending these two
exciting events this week at ArtsFest at CPCC!

CPCC Press LIVE!

Wednesday, March 26, 7:30 p.m.

Tate Hall, Overcash Second Floor
This year's event is an exciting collaboration of literature, theatre
and performance poetry. We will be highlighting our 2008 CPCC Press
titles with live readings by the authors as well as a dramatic reading
by CPCC student and Charlotte local actors directed by Rob Craig. We are
thrilled to have SLAMCharlotte perform original performance poetry
pieces for us. Come celebrate with us and experience some amazing art in
action! Authors will participate in a book signing following the event.
Our newest titles can be purchased onsite at this event. Post event, all
CPCC Press titles will be available through Follett as of Thursday,
March 27.

Getting Published by CPCC Press

Crafting the Query with Jodi Helmer

Thursday, March 27, 10:00-11:00 a.m.

Overcash, Room 300

Our research has established that CPCC Press is the only community
college publishing house in the entire United States. Our mission is to
offer CPCC faculty, staff and select community writers the opportunity
to become published authors. Whether it's academic and text materials,
or the next great American novel, the CPCC Press wants to celebrate new
Carolina authors by providing them with this informative workshop.

What's the best way to capture an editor's attention? It's with a great
query letter! Crafting the Query provides the essential tools for
writing a great query. Jodi Helmer will cover the basics of selecting a
topic and researching publications as well as specific details on what a
query letter should contain and how to promote your expertise as a
writer. At this workshop, Susan Alford, project coordinator for CPCC
Press, will be present to answer all of your questions related to CPCC
Press and the publishing industry. We hope you will join us for this
fun, educational and eye-opening workshop!

Please contact Susan Alford for more information.