Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] ADVISORY: Computer classroom setup requests due 12/1

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Mon Nov 19 12:04:53 EST 2007
>From ITS

Dear division directors and program chairs,

This is a reminder to submit your computer classroom setup requests to
Information Technology Services by the following deadline:

Spring 2008:  December 1, 2007

This deadline allow us adequate time to understand the technology
impact, ensure sufficient resources are available and to coordinate the
acquisition of needed software, hardware and services to meet the
instructional needs. Please recognize that our ability to meet
identified needs is contingent upon availability of resources (funds,
personnel, time). At your request, we will start a dialogue with your
department right away and establish accurate expectations.

Requests received after these dates will need to be authorized by your
dean and will be addressed on a first-come, first-served basis.

If we do not receive any changes to your setup requirements, we'll
assume that the current setup meets your needs, and your class will be
set up as it is presently.

Examples of the types of things you need to communicate to us are:

*	department purchase of new software,
*	adopting new course materials which require a particular plug-in
or other software installation,
*	need for use of a non-Windows operating system,
*	need for additional network storage space,
*	new hardware which needs to be installed, etc.

Simply fill out the Course Setup Request web form found at:
https://secure2.cpcc.edu/classroom

Include any software (e.g. applications, compilers, plug-ins, freeware,
CDs from texts), or hardware (e.g. swappable drives, routers,
peripherals) or other need (e.g. additional file storage, specific
server configuration) needed to run the class for the entire semester.

If you would like to review a list of the software that is automatically
included in each computer classroom, open computer lab or smart
classroom, please visit;
http://www1.cpcc.edu/its/faculty-staff/technology-enhanced-facilities/it
s/faculty-staff/technology-enhanced-facilities/base-and-it-base-images

We would be glad to meet with you to fully understand your classroom
technology requirements.

Thank you.

If you have any questions, please call the ITS Helpdesk at 5000.

Voice: 704.330.5000
Email: helpdesk at cpcc.edu
Web:  www.cpcc.edu/itservices

Hours of Operation:

Monday - Thursday           7:30 am - 9:30 pm

Friday                        7:30 am - 5:00 pm

Saturday                     8:00 am - 12:00 pm