Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Geek Fest follow-up meeting on Central 11/9

CPCC Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Tue Nov 6 07:22:32 EST 2007
>From Adam Brooks and Barry Gilmore

Attendees and Contributors,

On October 31, 2007, you helped us host the fourth annual THE Geek
Festival at Levine Campus. We love this initiative because it provides
an opportunity to highlight innovation and learning in a fun, exciting,
and positive way with our community partners and supporters such as you.
It was a great success! We wish to take a moment to send this message as
an expression of thanks. Thank you for contributing, attending, and
supporting this event.

We extend special thanks to our collaborators, volunteers, and sponsors:
Body Worlds, Apple Computer, Healthy Dairy, Sonic Foundry, Learning
Objects, Cochran Enterprises, CPCC Student Life, CPCC eLearning, the
CPCC Futures Institute, the CPCC Foundation, and so many others who
played roles in making it all come together.

TGF2007 event photos, videos, and more will be posted to the site
http://www.thegeekfest.com <http://www.thegeekfest.com/>  soon. If you
have media that should be included in the gallery, please email to
adam.brooks at cpcc.edu. Several of the key presentations were webcasted.
Archives of these will remain available online and on-demand for a few
more weeks through Sonic Foundry's Mediasite at
http://www.cpcc.edu/thegeekfest/2007/webcasts.

In preparation for the next TGF event in 2008, your feedback is of great
importance. If you attended the event or would like to be involved next
year, please join us this Friday (November 9) in PD319 for some open and
honest discussion. What went well and what didn't? What would you like
to see next year? How would you like to contribute? We want your
feedback!