Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] ADVISORY: Message from Dr. Tony Zeiss

>From Dr. Tony Zeiss

To: All CPCC Faculty and Staff
Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2006

President Bush to Make Presentation at Central Campus
Event hosted by Charlotte World Affairs Council

It is an honor for CPCC to be selected by the President of the United
States, George W. Bush, as the site for an event hosted by the Charlotte
World Affairs Council. President Bush will share remarks regarding the
Global War on Terrorism mid-morning on Thursday, April 6 on the Central
Campus. Attendance at the President's presentation is by invitation only
since space is limited.

Because of the necessary security for our guests on Central Campus, the
Faculty Parking Deck will be closed on Thursday until 1:00 p.m. All cars
will need to be moved from the Faculty Parking Deck by 11:00 p.m.
Wednesday evening. All other campus parking will be available to faculty
on Thursday. Traffic will be restricted around the Central Campus.
Please note that Elizabeth Avenue will be closed. The Student Parking
Deck will be open; however, students will only be able to enter from the
Fourth Street entrance.

The Academic and Performing Arts Center, including Bojangles, will be
closed to students, faculty and staff on Thursday until 1:00 p.m. Staff
whose offices are in the building should arrange to work from touchdown
stations or other locations Thursday morning.

Naturally, this may create interruptions to our schedules; however, it
will be important for faculty and staff to be supportive and to
accommodate students.

Activities for the visit will occur between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon on
Thursday. It is important for faculty, staff and students to allow
plenty of time to find alternative routes and access parking. Security
staff will be available to assist with parking on Thursday.

Classes should meet as scheduled; however, some classes in certain areas
will be impacted. Classes impacted will be notified in advance and
alternative arrangements will be made. We encourage faculty to be
understanding if students are tardy because of road closings, traffic
and parking. Please take time to share this information with all of your
students.

CPCC will once again be in the national spotlight as we host this
special event. Please assist us in welcoming our guests to Charlotte and
to our fine College. We appreciate the opportunity to showcase our
institution and the outstanding students, faculty, staff and programs we
have at CPCC. Thank you in advance for your support.

If you have questions or need additional information, please contact our
Community Relations and Public Affairs Office at 704.330.6660.