Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] AAWCC meeting on Central 12/7

Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Tue Dec 7 07:19:12 EST 2004
-- From Diann Back

There's still time to make today's (Dec. 7) AAWCC meeting in LR 202 for
lunch at 11:30 AM and our guest speaker at 12 noon. If you can't come
for lunch, please come to hear our guest, Mic Alexander, who promises to
inspire and challenge us to become "all that we can be."

Mic Alexander is co-founder, president and CEO of The Overflow
Corporation, formally known as Overflow Printing, Inc. It is celebrating
its 14th year as a family owned marketing and commercial printing
company. Overflow provides marketing services and commercial printing to
companies and organizations throughout the Southeast such as BB&T, the
Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Metro Credit Union, Duke Energy, and most
recently, the Charlotte Bobcats.

Ms. Alexander is currently a member of the Printing Industries of the
Carolinas, Chamber of Commerce, National Association of Women Business
Owners, the Urban League of Charlotte, the United States Olympic Drug
Testing Committee and the Women's Impact Fund/Foundation of the
Carolinas. She sits on the boards of BB&T CRA, Johnston YMCA, the
Chamber's Small Business Council and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Workforce
Development Board.

Because of her dedication and leadership, Mic has received such honors
as:

Women Business Owner of the Year Finalist 2002

The Business Journal's Largest Minority Owned Business List 2002

The Charlotte Chamber's Entrepreneur of the Year Winner 2001

The Charlotte Chamber's Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist 1999

Women in Business Achievement Award Winner 1999

The Charlotte Chamber's Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist in 1998

In her downtime, Mic enjoys golfing, playing pool, boating, riding her
motorcycle and just relaxing to the sounds of jazz.