Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Johnny Appleseed Kids and Family Festival at Levine 9/26

Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Thu Sep 25 07:28:16 EDT 2003
-- From Barry Gilmore

The Levine Campus Student Government Council and Student Life invite our
CPCC family of students, faculty, staff, and administration and their
families to our 3rd Annual Johnny Appleseed Kids and Family Festival
this Friday, September 26, from 5:00 till 7:00 p.m. in the Levine Campus
Atrium.

John Chapman, better known as Johnny Appleseed, was born September 27,
1774.  He had a great love for all humanity and all living things and
spent much of his life distributing apple trees to the settlers of the
American frontier. He loved to tell stories of his adventures to the
children he met as he traveled. Johnny Appleseed believed that we must
try to live simply and in harmony with the natural world.

Please join us at Levine Campus as we celebrate the birthday of one of
America's great frontier heroes. The festivities begin with the fabulous
Burford Brothers playing some foot-tapping, hand-clapping, down-home
tunes on fiddle and banjo. We'll also have storytelling, face-painting,
coloring, games, and this year's fresh crop of apples (which just came
in time for Johnny's birthday). Everything is free for our CPCC
apple-loving family and their families, including applelicious waffles
for dinner and apple pie for dessert. We hope you help spread the word
to the students and come join us this Friday between 5:00 and 7:00 pm.

--Barry Gilmore

This message did not originate from the Office of Community Relations.
The originator of the message is named at the beginning of the message.
Please send your reply, if you have one, to the originator, not to the
Office of Community Relations.