Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] More scholarships available

Office of Community Relations Communicator Communicator at cpcc.edu
Tue Sep 9 12:26:43 EDT 2003
-- From Debbie Brooks

Please notify students of the following scholarship opportunities:

The National Scholars Honor Society is an academic honors organization
dedicated to actively encouraging, recognizing, and rewarding high
academic achievement in all areas of study.

The society strives to reward and encourage personal growth and
development, as well as engender a sense of civic responsibility and
dedication to our nation's great political process. The society does not
endorse any particular political views, but rather seeks to respect and
promote diversity and debate in all venues.

$19,000 in Scholarships

The Benjamin Franklin Scholarship, $5,000

The Alexander Bell Scholarship, $4,000

The Abraham Lincoln Scholarship, $5,000

The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship, $5,000

Apply online:  http://www.CollegeHonors.org

CHELA FINANCIALS

In addition to flexible loan options, Chela Financial offers
scholarships to students throughout the year. Through this year's Money
Matters Scholarship Contest, a total of $100,000 in scholarships to
current undergraduate and graduate students will be awarded. Twenty (20)
scholarships of up to $5,000 each will be awarded

You should review the official contest rules before you get started.
Please note that you will have to read and agree to the terms of the
official contest rules prior to submitting your scholarship application.
If you do not agree to the rules, your scholarship application will not
be accepted.

The Money Matters Scholarship Contest requires an essay. The essay topic
is How I Am Financing My College Education. Remember to focus on how
responsible borrowing and money management are helping you pay for
college and meet your life goals. You do not need to have a student loan
in order to apply. Essays will be evaluated on the following criteria:

Appropriateness to overall theme (30%);
Persuasiveness (30%);
Quality of writing (20%);
Creativity (20%).

Dates to Remember:

Scholarship Application Deadline
 October 13, 2003

Potential scholarship recipients contacted
 November 2003

Final scholarship recipients announced on loans4students.org
 December 9, 2003

--Debbie Brooks

This message did not originate from the Office of Community Relations.
The originator of the message is named at the beginning of the message.
Please send your reply, if you have one, to the originator, not to the
Office of Community Relations.