Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Planning for new furniture advisory

Office of Community Relations Communicator communicator at cpcc.edu
Wed May 28 07:20:59 EDT 2003
-- From Jeff Friar

As a reminder: Facilities Services uses professional movers to deal with all office relocations.  In simple terms, we move only people and not furniture.  We have found that the tasks that our College employees should be working on are neglected when they are asked to move furniture.

This reminder is needed because it appears that some offices have used their year-end funds to procure new furnishings and assumed that the old stuff would miraculously disappear. (You know what happens when you assume.)

For adequate planning purposes we need 2 weeks advance notice to successfully book the professional movers.  Because we find out about your requirement in the 11th hour does not give us carte blanche with the procurement regulations.  Please help us to help you.  Don't ask us to use the limited College employees to do something that is more appropriately scheduled to professional movers.

If you have questions contact Meera Vora, Facilities Coordinator at 6079, or Jeff Friar, Facilities Manager at 6224

Thanks.

--Jeff Friar