Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Blackboard enrollment errors advisory

Office of Community Relations Communicator communicator at cpcc.edu
Tue May 13 07:20:59 EDT 2003
-- From Adnan Choudary, ITS

The Problem: The automated batch process that manages changes to enrollments between SIS and Blackboard has erroneously enrolled summer students to spring 2003 classes. This has resulted in the addition of students to the Blackboard gradebook that should not be enrolled for the spring classes.

The Fix: Currently, we are able to disable the enrollments that were batched by the system on May 7 and 8 while ensuring that students who were originally enrolled would not be erroneously removed. This will prevent unauthorized student access to courses.

An exception report is being generated to identify students who enrolled for the same class for both spring and summer. We are also working with the vendor to find a way to back out the enrollments altogether.

Support: We apologize for this inconvenience to instructors at a very busy time of the semester. For assistance, please call your ITS HelpDesk at 5000.

--Adnan Choudary, Manager, Distributed Technology