Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] MS Outlook and Exchange conversion advisory

Office of Community Relations Communicator communicator at cpcc.edu
Mon Mar 31 12:18:33 EST 2003
-- From ITS

We are moving ahead with the conversion to Microsoft Outlook and Exchange as our default email system.

ITS has begun a pilot migration program, and some of your colleagues
have already been migrated to the new system.

Once the testing with the pilot system is complete in April, we will begin
the full scale migration immediately. This process will involve moving of
individual mailboxes (importing all email and calendar content to the new
system) and require coexistence of both systems for the next six months.

The coexistence of the GroupWise and Outlook (Exchange) requires the removal of the frequent contacts feature from GroupWise.

ITS has put together a guide to help you remove your GroupWise
"Frequent Contacts" address book to avoid incorrect message addressing
(bounced messages) during this coexistence.

http://www/itservices/projects/exchange/frequentContacts.htm

Please follow these steps and help us make this transition as smooth as
possible for everyone.

Analysts at the ITS Help Desk (5000) can further help you navigate through the attached document.

Thanks.

--Information Technology Services