Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Bloodborne pathogens training 10/23 advisory

Office of Community Relations Communicator communicator at cpcc.edu
Wed Oct 23 07:31:32 EDT 2002
-- From Tracie Tallant

Seats are still available for the following:

Bloodborne Pathogens Training. Initial training for all employees who have not completed the OSHA required training and fall in either Category I or II job positions at the College.

Category I - these are jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissue, or potential spills or splashes. (Nursing, Cardiovascular, Cytotechnology, Dental, EMT, Medical Assisting, Physical Therapy, Respiratory, etc.)

Category II - these are jobs in which required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but may require performing unplanned exposure tasks such as administering initial emergency first aid involving shop, laboratory, or other workplace accidents. (Automotive, Heavy Equipment and Transport, Electrical, Machinist, Welding, Physical Fitness, First Aid, Fire Protection, Law Enforcement, Self- Defense, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Carpentry, Drama, Graphic Arts, Visual Arts, Culinary Arts, Horticulture, Hotel and Restaurant, Human Services, Facilities Services, Shipping, etc.)

Category III - these are jobs in which required tasks involve no greater exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue other than would be encountered by a visitor on any CPCC campus. This category includes all positions at the College not listed in Category I or II. These jobs have little or no risk of exposure.

This informative training emphasizes measures to protect individuals from exposure. At the conclusion of the session, hepatitis B vaccinations will be offered, free of charge, to employees.

Wednesday, October 23,
2:30 -  3:30 p.m.,
Central Campus, Belk Room 310.

Bloodborne Pathogens Refresher. All at-risk employees (Category I and II) are required by OSHA to attend bloodborne pathogens refresher training annually. This session will conclude with a question and answer period.

Wednesday, October 23,
3:30 - 4:00 p.m.,
Central Campus, Belk Room 310.

Please register, in advance, by phone (extension 6580) or by email (tracie.tallant at cpcc.edu).