Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] Professional Development opportunities

Office of Community Relations Communicator communicator at cpcc.edu
Mon Oct 14 07:53:33 EDT 2002
-- From Christine Delgadillo

CTL book/video discussion
For several decades, former professor Dr. Wayne Dyer has been writing exciting books about self-help, how to explore yourself, your ambitions, your career, and he challenges us to look into spirituality and quantum physics for more answers. Read one (or more) of his books or watch one of his lectures on PBS and then come join us for a lively discussion of how his words can positively affect your professional and personal lives. The CPCC library has several of Dr. Dyer's books. PDP credit is available for this event. Dr. Anne McIntosh of Speech Communication will facilitate the discussion. We'll meet in LRC205 at 12 noon on Wednesday, October 16.

Microsoft Windows 2000 and Introduction to Office XP
Microsoft Windows 2000 is a widely used version of Microsoft Windows operating system designed for use on computer workstations and portable computers. In this class you will work with the desktop and windows available on the desktop, learn basic mouse operations and launch an application program. Create and view the contents of folders, select and copy a file or group of files, rename and delete files and folders. We will also take a brief tour of the Office XP applications that are available. You must register.
Dates:	Tuesday, October 15th, 2002
	Tuesday, November 12th, 2002
	Tuesday, December 3rd, 2002
Time:	All session are from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location:	Central Campus, LRC 039
(additional dates, times and campus locations will be added)

Microsoft Word 2002 Basic Skills
Microsoft Word is a full-featured word processing program that allows you to create and revise professional looking documents such as announcements, letters, resumes and reports.  Word has many features designed to simplify the production of documents. You must register.
Dates:	Wednesday, October 16th, 2002
	Wednesday, November 13th 2002
	Wednesday, December 4th, 2002
Times:	All sessions are from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location:	Central Campus-LRC 039
(additional dates, times and campus locations will be added)

Groupwise Basics
Groupwise is the college's electronic mail system. In this class you will learn how to send and receive email, create and utilize folders and sub-folders, set rules to effectively manage your email, create phone messages, set appointments and tasks, and work within the calendar. You must register.
Dates:	Thursday, October 17th, 2002
	Thursday, November 14th, 2002
	Thursday, December 5th, 2002
Times:	All sessions are from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location:	Central Campus-LRC 039
(additional dates, times and campus locations will be added)

Microsoft Excel 2002 Basic Skills
Microsoft Excel is a powerful spreadsheet program that allows you to organize data, complete calculations, make decisions, graph data, and develop professional looking reports.
Dates:	Tuesday, October 22, 2002
	Tuesday, November 19th, 2002
	Tuesday, December 10th, 2002
Times:	All sessions will be from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location:	Central Campus-LRC 039
(additional dates, times and campus locations will be added)

Microsoft Access 2002 Basic Skills
Microsoft Access is a powerful database management system that functions in the Windows environment and allows you to create and process data in a database. Features include data entry and updates, queries, forms, and reports. You must register.
Dates:	Wednesday, October 23rd, 2002
	Wednesday, November 20th, 2002
	Wednesday, December 11th, 2002
Times:	All session will be from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location:	Central Campus-LRC 039
(additional dates, times and campus locations will be added)

Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Basic Skills
Microsoft PowerPoint is a complete presentation graphics program that allows you to produce professional looking presentations. PowerPoint contains several features to simplify creating slideshows such as pre-designed presentations, modifying presentations, slide layouts, add tables, charts, pictures and animation. You must register.
Dates:	Thursday, October 24th, 2002
	Thursday, November 21st, 2002
	Thursday, December 12th, 2002
Times:	All session will be from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location:	Central Campus-LRC 039
(additional dates, times and campus locations will be added)

Train the Trainer
This program focuses on the art of training and covers all aspects of the training function:  adult learners, learning styles, how to design effective training programs, how to present with impact, making training stick, and survival skills for trainers and developing your training style. This course is delivered through eight 2-hour sessions; you can attend all of them or the one(s) that appeal to you. You must register.

Dates and Times:
> Survival Skills for Trainers- Monday, October 14, 2002, 2:00-4:00

> Developing Your Own Training Style- Friday, October 18, 2002, 2:00-4:00

Location:  Central Campus, LRC 404

Vegetarian Cooking Lunch-n-Learn (Lunch is provided)
Come eat and learn about vegetarianism. What are the health benefits, cooking tips, vegetarian food pyramid, and eating healthy.  A vegetarian lunch will be provided--registration is required.