Central Piedmont Community College

[Cpcommunicator] ITS remote reboots advisory

Office of Community Relations Communicator communicator at cpcc.edu
Thu Oct 3 10:11:37 EDT 2002
-- From Jimmy Livornese, ITS

To keep you computer operating at peak performance, ITS will remotely reboot all workstations at 3:00 a.m. each day starting October 3.

Ensure all open applications are closed. If an application is not closed, a user will lose all information they were working on.

Rebooting your machine will allow ITS to distribute critical software updates to workstations college-wide.

Restarting your workstation also resets network connections ensuring reliable access to departmental shares and your 'u drive'.

For more information on computer maintenance visit our website or call our Help Desk at 5000.

Providing Outstanding Technology Services To Our College Community

--Jimmy Livornese