Central Piedmont Community College

[Ccpro] Deceased Students

Barbara Brown bbrown at cfcc.edu
Thu Apr 21 15:00:33 EDT 2016
Thanks Don.

I probably wasn't clear as we do track them in Colleague.  The issue is
that someone in our department (not sure how that happened) scans the daily
local paper and sometimes funeral home obits, and looks each person up in
Colleague to see if they were ever a student. This has gone on for many
years and now the question is, is all this necessary?

So the question was just to see how do other colleges determine if former
students died, or does it even matter?

thanks!
_b

*Barbara Brown*Institutional Researcher