Central Piedmont Community College

[Ccpro] CCPRO Annual Conference Save-The-Date

Kimberly Lawing klawing at cfcc.edu
Thu Apr 18 14:22:44 EDT 2013
Dear CCPRO Members:

I hope this finds all of you doing well.  I am writing to update you on the
2013 CCPRO Annual Conference and on a recent change to the CCPRO Executive
Committee.

The CCPRO Executive Committee met Monday, April 15th on Wake Tech's campus
to initiate plans for the annual conference and to address a few other
things.   We made the assumption that travel restrictions will not be in
place this fall, (we are developing a contingency conference plan just in
case) so we selected November 3-5 for the annual conference dates and the
Koury Center in Greensboro as the conference site. Be sure to mark your
calendars! Also, the EC identified 5 tracks for the conference program
(Planning, Research, Assessment, Accreditation and Reporting), as well as
several topics and potential speakers/presenters. For example, Bill
Schneider has already confirmed a NCCCS Data Initiative Update and we are
working to have SACS staff present a Substantive Change workshop. More
details will follow as soon as they become available.

Unfortunately, CCPRO's President-Elect, Susan Houseman, finds it necessary
to resign her CCPRO office due to extenuating circumstances.  We wish Susan
the best and have great respect for her, her professionalism and commitment
to institutional effectiveness.  It is our prayer that God will bless Susan
with all that she needs.  Hopefully, she will be able to rejoin us in the
not-too-distant future.

As you know, the president-elect plays a critical role as the coordinator
of the annual conference, so after a brief discussion during the meeting
Monday, John Boone was elected as President-Elect to replace Susan
Houseman, effective immediately.   You will be hearing more from John
soon when he issues a call for proposals and requests other types of
assistance.   Thanks, John!
 Aside from the conference, the Executive Committee plans to do a thorough
review of the By Laws, Membership Directory and the CCPRO website in
2013 for needed updates and upgrades to better serve the CCPRO membership.
Kristie Sullivan, CCPRO Secretary, will be posting the meeting minutes to
the website soon at www.ccpro.org.

If you need assistance or have ideas on how CCPRO can better support you
and other members in planning and research, please feel free to contact me
or one of the Executive Committee members as shown below:

*EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE*
President, Kim Lawing
Past President, Dale O'Neill
President-Elect, John Boone
Treasurer, Ladelle Harmon
Secretary, Kristie Sullivan
Western Region Director, Jason Chambers
Central Region Director,
Eastern Region Director, Karen Hill
At-Large Director, Bill Schneider

*Ex-Offcio*
Webmaster, Paul Earls
Historian, Harriet Hobbs

We look forward to seeing you in November!  If you would like to help with
the conference preparations or other projects, please let me know.  We can
always use some helpng hands!  :)

Finally, we seem to be having problems with getting all new CCPRO members
added to the CCPRO Listserv, so if you know of anyone new to CCPRO, please
forward this message to them to make sure they receive it...and let me know
if you learn of anyone who did not receive my email, so I can get them
added to the CCPRO Listserv.  Thanks!

Kindest regards,
Kim
 Kim Lawing, CCPRO President, 2013
Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness
Cape Fear Community College
411 North Front Street
Wilmington, North Carolina 28401
(910) 362-7003
Fax (910) 362-7494

--
E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an