Central Piedmont Community College

[Ccpro] Environmental Scanning

Eric Lovik eric_lovik at albemarle.edu
Mon Apr 15 14:54:09 EDT 2013
Hi Brandi,

For our strategic plan At COA, we collected a lot of census/demographic/employment data from regional, state, and federal sources. We presented the environmental scan into social, economic, and educational categories. Here's a link to the full strategic plan including the environmental scan, SWOT, and other background stuff.

http://www.albemarle.edu/uploads/college_documents/About_The_College/Strategic%20Plan/Strategic_Plan_2012-2015.pdf

We relied heavily on information collected from focus groups, employee surveys, etc. to guide us on the new/revised vision, core values, mission statement, and goals/directives, but not for the environmental scan.

Hope this is helpful,
Eric

>>> "Brandi McCullough" <bmccullough at pamlicocc.edu> 4/15/2013 2:32 PM >>>
Hi again all,

How do you all conduct environmental scanning?  Is this simply through community forums, advisory committees, etc?  The use of the employer survey, for instance??

I just see these words so often and wonder how other IE folks are looking into the community to determine needs.

Any thoughts/insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Brandi

Brandi M. McCullough
Director Planning, Research, & Effectiveness / SACS Liaison
Pamlico Community College
PO Box 185/5049 HWY 306 S
Grantsboro, NC 28529
252.249.1851 EXT 3010
bmccullough at pamlicocc.edu
www.pamlicocc.edu

Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official. (NCGS.Ch. 132)